- FREE/ Low-cost High-Quality Preschool Available in the area There are many Great Start Readiness Programs and other preschools in the C.O.O.R. area for your three- or four-year old child. Families who meet income eligibility criteria qualify for free preschool services. You only need to register once to have access to multiple Early Childhood Programs: Call 989-275-9514 or go to bit.ly/COORPreschoolPartnership on the web.
- IMH Self Regulation Early Years April 2018 April 27 9-3:30 This training session will begin with a live presentation via ZOOM by Dr. Stuart Shanker. He will discuss crucial brain development in a child's early years, and the five domains of the Shanker Self-Reg® model. Dr. Shanker will examine the early years through the lens of self-regulation, stress and early relationships. Participants will explore how Self-Reg can help children deal successfully with challenges and begin to learn how to manage stress on their own.
- Modeling Instruction Workshops, Summer 2018 Modeling Instruction Workshop flyer with a list of workshops held state wide in the summer of 2018
- OSSDS Regional Spring Planning Workshop Tuesday, May 1st 9-noon: MDE Office of Student, School, and District Supports (OSSDS) Regional Spring Planning Workshop to assist district staff in planning programs for all grants included in the 2018-19 Consolidated Application.
- Social Studies Roundtable May 2nd May 2, 2018 from 4:30 -7:45 PM with Dave Johnson
- AP Computer Science Principals & Discoveries APⓇ Computer Science Principles - Grades 10-12 Computer Science Discoveries - Grades 6-9 The Michigan Math Science Centers Network and Code.org are bringing professional learning to educators to implement APⓇ Computer Science Principles and Computer Science Discoveries. July 8-13 in Grand Rapids.
- Computer Science Fundamentals training for K-5 teachers Free one-day PD for teachers, no prior Computer Science experience needed! Saturday, May 5th at COOR ISD. Includes curriculum resources. Stipends or Substitute reimbursement provided. Register at: http://micoding.weebly.com/pl-cs-fundamentals.html
- Early Middle Colleges - Top 10 in 10 Chief Deputy Superintendent discusses ways that Early/Middle Colleges help increase Michigan's talented workforce.