SCECHs....What you need to know!
State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) can be utilized to renew professional certifications. SCECHs are available for MANY of our professional learning opportunities at C.O.O.R Intermediate School District.
A total of 150 SCECHs, DPPD or College Credit Equivalent (or combination of each), within a five year period, is now needed for renewal. Read more about calculating renewal credits. Another helpful resource is the Decision Tree for Professional Certification Renewals. You may earn 25 SCECHs for semester-long and year-long Professional Development events in the Non-Traditional Category. Please see informational PDF below.
For more detailed information, please read the information at the following link: FACTS ON EDUCATOR CERTIFICATION
District Provided Professional Development (DPPD)
Please review the following:
(MDE: Michigan Department of Education)
- Register, in advance, for the COOR PD Event
- Attend each session from beginning to end and complete required activities
- Sign in on an official form and place a check in the column for SCECHs
- Submit $5.00 fee-check or money order made payable to COOR ISD with the class name in the memo section (some classes may have a larger fee)
- If you have not registered with the MOECS, you must do so as soon as possible.
- Complete an online evaluation ASAP, preferably within 30 days of email notification in order to receive your SCECHs. If you do not receive an email within two weeks after an event, you can also log into your MOECS account and look under the "evaluations due" section. If it is not listed there, please contact Shannon Rea.
- If you have questions relating to MOECS, you may email them directly at MOECSSupport@michigan.gov or call the help desk at (517) 373-3310. Phone support is available Monday-Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
2016-2017 SCECH Forms
- DPPD (District Provided Professional Development)
- Administrator Mentor Verification Form (year-long)
- Counselor Mentor Verification Form (each semester)
- Counselor Internship Verification Form (each semester)
- New Teacher Mentor Verification Form (each semester)
- Psychologist Mentor Verification Form (each semester)
- Psychologist Required Practicum Verification Form (each semester)
- School Committees Verification Form (year-long)
- School Committees Sign-In Sheet (year-long)
- School Improvement Verification Form (year-long)
- School Improvement Sign-In Sheet (year-long)
- Student Teacher Verification Form (each Semester)
- Supervision of Pre-Teaching/Mid-tier-Pre-Service Student (college student visits classroom)
- Non-Traditional SCECH Checklist
- LEA Memo (1st Semester)
If the title of a document is not linked, click on the icon to the left of it.