COOR Intermediate School District (ISD) Special Education Department, working in cooperation with six Local Education Agencies (LEA), one Public School Academy (PSA), and several non-public schools. The ISD Special Education Department provides a variety of services to over 1200 students with disabilities ages 0 to 25. The ISD Special Education Department coordinates programs and services that are too expensive for a single school to operate or that are very specialized to serve only a few students.
Support Staff services include:
- EarlyOn program and services
- Early Interventionist Home Visitors
- Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Student Services Coordinator (IEP quality assurance)
- Teacher Consultant for Students with Autism, Visually Impaired, and Hearing Impaired
- Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- School Social Work
- School Psychological Services
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Transition Services
The Special Education Department is also responsible for Child Find and Early On programs across the ISD. This coincides with monitoring and data collection of special education services within the schools.