COOR Career Tech Center
The Career and Technical Education Department offers a variety of programs and services to assist students with career preparation, skill development and transition planning to assure life long successes. To support these successes we offer Vocational Programs at our Career Tech Center on Kirtland Community College's Campus. Partnerships with business and industry, local service agencies, local secondary schools and Kirtland Community College has provided a strong base for our Career & Technical Education System. Specialized training and special projects are in place to aid all populations. Look us over!
- Three-fourths of today's jobs require technical skills.
- A recent study indicated 71.3% of technical graduates obtained a related job or entered community college.
- More than 100,000 students are enrolled in technical education programs in Michigan.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) graduates earn approximately $2,000 more annually than general education graduates.
- About 89% of adult career technical education completers directly enter the labor force.
- CTE gives students the skills and helps build self confidence to find satisfying jobs.
- 85% of the National Association of Manufacturers prefer career technical education graduates.
- CTE programs are offered at more than 300 high schools, 53 area centers, and 29 community colleges in Michigan.
Medical Occupations Class
Public Safety Class
Public Safety Class Bomb Squad Training