Substitute Teacher / Support Staff
Requirements for ALL Substitutes:
- A current Live Scan background check (fingerprinting) prior to the start of your employment in any district
- Completion of the online modules as described in the application process prior to working
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
OFFICIAL transcripts showing a minimum of 60 completed semester hours of satisfactory credit (grades C or better) from a regionally accredited college or university or a current Michigan Teaching Certificate. You must be at least 22 years of age to substitute in grades 9-12. If you do not have a current Michigan Teaching Certificate, COOR will apply for a permit from the State of Michigan on your behalf. There is a $45.00 fee for the permit. You will receive a bill directly from the state via email.
If you need a permit and check "yes" on the disclosure conviction question (within the application), then you must provide a copy of the court documents. The acceptable documents include the Judgment of Sentence, Register of Actions, Certificate of Conviction, or a copy of the court docket. If the court indicates they do not have the court documents, a letter from the courts, on court letterhead and signed by the court clerk, is acceptable and must be accompanied with a detailed letter from the applicant which must include the offense, year of conviction, and the city and state where offense took place.
To apply in the following districts, contact Elena Rothney at COOR ISD:
- Fairview Area Schools
- Mio AuSable School District
- COOR Educational Center
To apply in the following districts, please apply online at www.Edustaff.org:
- Crawford AuSable School District
- Houghton Lake Community Schools
- Roscommon Areas Public Schools
- West Branch / Rose City Area Schools